2 Dec 2012

Gave myself a good scare this morning. Apparently the manuscript editor didn’t properly close last night and corrupted the book project, which wouldn’t open this morning. “No problem,” I thought, I’ll just load the back-up copy from my thumb drive… nope, I’d forgotten that I’d erased it… from all the thumb drives. However, since the PC does automatic backups every week, the missing project file was recovered. That wasn’t the worst of it though – when I went back to open the project, the entire folder was completely empty. There were several moments of panic wondering how every file got erased, until I realized that there was a stand-alone Midlana folder that was never used, and I was in it. The actual files were still there, but whew…

The fifth anniversary of the Midlana website coincided nicely today with… a test drive – followed by three and a half hours of editing to produce a 5-minute video! Nothing fell off(!) and as you may have expected, I don’t do anything nuts on first drives, mostly due to breaking about a dozen laws as it is. It feels great, quick, maybe even qualifying for my buddy’s coveted “stupid-fast” automotive rating. Enjoy, Midlana’s first drive